Insurance for Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Appointments
We accept most major health insurance plans including Aetna, Aexcel and Cigna. Please contact our office at 281-633-8600 to check coverage if your insurance plan isn’t listed below.
You may be searching Google for “knee doctors accepting Aetna” or shoulder doctors accepting Cigna.” The best way to confirm that we accept your insurance is to call us at 281-633-8600.
Insurance plans and coverages are changing all the time and we understand how confusing the topic of medical insurance can be to our patients. If you’re unsure of your insurance coverage or if you have insurance coverage, but your medical insurance plan isn’t listed here, please call us and we’ll determine if we can provide treatment to you under your medical insurance plan. You also have the option of paying for medical treatment yourself. If you’re a private-pay patient, please call us and we can discuss options for financing your care.
Medical Insurance Plans Accepted by Dr. J. Michael Bennett
- Aetna Choice
- Aetna Choice POS and Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice PPO
- Aetna Heath Fund POS and Aetna Heath Fund PPO
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS and Aetna PPO
- Blue Care HMO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Choice POS and Blue Traditional POS
- Blue Traditional PPO
- Blue Choice and Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield POS and PPO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Advantage HMO (Referrals are needed, please contact us at 281-633-8600 to schedule)
- Cigna Choice Fund PPO
- Cigna Commercial PPO
- Cigna Open Access and Open Access HMO
- Cigna Open Access POS
- Cigna Healthcare of Texas HMO and POS and PPO
- Cigna HMO and POS and PPO
- Great West Healthcare and Great West Healthcare POS
- Open Access Plus
- Galaxy Health Network
- Great West Healthcare PPO
- Humana Choice Care PPO
- Humana Choice PPO
- Humana POS and PPO
- Humana – Choice
- PHCS-Private Healthcare Systems
- Texas Workers’ Compensation (Referrals are needed, please contact us at 281-633-8600 to schedule)
- Tricare for Life
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare South
- Tricare Standard
- United Payors & United Providers
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Health Select (Referrals are needed, please contact us at 281-633-8600 to schedule)
- United Healthcare Choice
- United Healthcare Choice Plus, Choice Plus POS, and Choice Plus PPO
- United Healthcare Options POS andOptions PPO
- United Healthcare POS and PPO
- Universal Care
Who is Dr. J. Michael Bennett – Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Specialist?
Dr. J. Michael Bennett is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon and a Fellowship Trained Sports Medicine Specialist with clinics in Sugar Land and Houston TX. He was recently selected again to be listed on Texas Super Doctors® as an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician. Dr. Bennett is a member of the Fondren Orthopedic Group and he’s affiliated with the best outpatient surgery centers and hospitals in Houston, Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenberg, and Katy.
Dr. Bennett is a Houston native and a proud University of Texas graduate. He has an appreciation for sports medicine that comes from his on-field days as the Captain of the University of Texas lacrosse team and that experience was a motivating factor in his completion of a year-long fellowship in Sports Medicine at the famed UHZ Sports Medicine Institute in Miami, Florida. During his fellowship, he served as an assistant team physician for the University of Miami Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. In the Houston area, Dr. Bennett has served as a sports medicine consultant to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and Houston Independent School District.
After medical school at the University of Louisville, Dr. Bennett returned to Houston to complete his general surgery residency and his orthopedic surgery residency at the Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Bennett remains associated with the Baylor College of Medicine as a Presenter. He is also on the volunteer faculty of the UT Medical School as well as the Shriners’ Hospital for Children.
Dr. Bennett and his staff are dedicated to providing first-rate care for their patients. He feels that a very important part of that care is educating his patients in the anatomy of their injuries or conditions, and the treatment options available to them. He want his patients to make informed decisions about their care, and his patient education programs help them do that.
If you have any questions or you’d like to make an appointment, please call us at 281-633-8600 for Sugar Land and 713-234-3152 for Houston today!